Monday, January 25, 2010

Letter's to my Love. Four,

And the story continues....

For about two weeks nothing special happened. I went on with my daily routine, and honestly I forgot about you, knowing you were literally right there gave me inspiration for my art, and poems... but you were not my main priority

It was sixth grade at the time and my mind wasn't fully developed, and being in ninth grade now i'm sure it still isn't.

Meeting you wasn't a thought in my head, but rather normal things like; what color should I paint my room? or what should i wear tomorrow?

I was being driven to school, and wouldn't start taking my new bus (your bus) until the upcoming monday, I was in fact very nervous, I wasn't starting a new school but fear of being judged was and still is a big factor in my life

So i waited patiently, the weather continued to get more and more beautiful as spring approached, and one friday I found myself outside finishing up on my weekend homework.

While my brother and sister played I sat on the bench and answered math questions, confused as usual, but the breeze made the usual stress disperse.

I decided to take a break and just enjoy the wind, I watched my younger siblings riding on scooters and bikes and all of a sudden there were at least six or seven kids i had never seen before in my driveway.

My sister and brother found some new friends and I was happy for them, but still i'm more of the shy type so i didn't exactly want to join them.

Until I saw you...



I was flabbergasted,
completely shocked and filled with a sudden burst of anxiousness and fear.

Fear of rejection, fear of love.

Riding on your famous, now way old dirt biked I watched as you turned and twisted obviously showing off, I hugged my legs into my body and tried to hide behind the oversize bush and watch from afar as the kids of the neighborhood interacted.

sitting on a bench Pictures, Images and Photos

Each one I still hold close to my memory.

The first girl who caught my eye looked to be about five, she was full of life and smiles, her and her brother enjoyed playing on there bikes. Two sisters joined them, and there were two other boys also riding bikes.

Black and white shoes Pictures, Images and Photos

And then there was you...

My thought was interrupted by the sound of running coming down the driveway, it was my sister

She is only two years younger then me.

"COME PLAY, COME PLAY, EVERYONE WANTS TO MEET YOU!" she demanded, I ignored her, at the time I didn't want to.

She ran off, giving up a little to easy.

I fiddled with my books and pens until, finally I built up enough courage to join everyone.


I counted the steps taken in my head, each one felt longer then the last, and i could tell everyone was looking right at me,
fortunately you were not there at the time, but instead down the block with the other two boys in matching dirt bike helmets.

I introduced myself, and the small girl spoke

"I'm five, my brother is ten and so is she, her sister is eleven, the three boys down there are eleven, twelve, and thirteen". Of course she used there names but i will not repeat them on here...

I was talking to them all, very mature for there age, and very cute and kind...

The bikes 'vroomed' up the road, loudly, I panicked and fiddled with my thumbs...

And everything stopped...
There will of course be more to this story,

Until my heart gives out
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment